Challenging rhythms and intervals for Christmas or Easter.
Click image to enlarge.
- Grade: First
- Origin: African American Spiritual
- Key: G Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: Verse: AAAB - Refrain: ABAC
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ti ti | ti ta (ti) | ti ti ti ti | ti ta ti ri | ta/ ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Do Re Mi So
- Intervals: intermediate: La/Do, Do\So, Do/Mi, Re\So, Mi/So, So\Mi, Mi\Do, So/Do
- Musical Elements: notes: half, dotted quarter, quarter, eighth, sixteenth; rests: quarter, eighth; pickup beat, tied notes, reinforces tonic tried (Do-Mi-So)
- Key Words: sacred, counting to ten, counting backwards from ten, Christmas, Easter, angels, band, Sunday, morning, Sunday Morning; contraction: wasn't (was not)